[Novalug] VirtualBox flash drive (Jon LaBadie)

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Wed Mar 28 10:01:59 EDT 2012

On 3/27/2012 3:43 PM, Roger W. Broseus wrote:
> Ah, I see your point, Jon.
>
> When in your situation, I've used portable apps (portableapps dot com),
> including under windows. There are several applications you can run from a
> thumb drive, including under Windows in a (gasp) all-Window$ shop. You can
> even tap into Truecrypt to encrypt stuff on the thumb drive.
>
> Repeating an old thread, I keep email stuff in an encrypted folder on my
> traveling laptop and setup a symlink to the appropriate .thunderbird folder
> *from* my home dir. Thus, T-burd accesses and updates everything therein - ya
> gotta be sure to have the truecrypt folder open. I could not find a way to do
> this with shortcuts under Windows; there's probably a way - I just couldn't
> finger it out.
>
> --
> Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
>       Email: RogerB@bronord.com
>       Web Site: www.bronord.com

Well, it's done in Thunderbird itself. If you go to "Settings for this
account" -> "Server Settings" -> "Local Directory" you can choose the
root of your mail folder. I always move this from C:\"Documents and
Settings"\... to E:\Mail\... so as to keep it away from Windows in case
I have to reinstall Windows. Of course, E:\ could be encrypted if I
wanted it to be.

JIM