[Novalug] VirtualBox flash drive (Jon LaBadie)

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Mon Mar 26 22:15:29 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Jon LaBadie <novalugml@jgcomp.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 08:35:07PM -0400, Mark A. Metz wrote:
>> ditto Roger.
>>
>> Plus, you might be able to get to a menu and choose from any recognized,
>> bootable device without changing the BIOS settings of "someone's" computer.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> On 03/26/2012 07:01 PM, Roger W. Broseus wrote:
>> > Why not just boot directly into Linux? Avoid the overhead of the host system, etc.
>> >
>> > Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
>> >

> Well, the situation I was considering is visiting someone's home
> or place of business.  For whatever reason they may not appreciate
> my shutting down their computer.  And I might not be able to boot
> from USB without going into the BIOS.

Jon,

Is VirtualBox on the drive? If not, then they need to have it
installed? Chances are they will have the free VMware and not
VirtualBox or if they have VB, they will allow you to reboot to your
OS :)

That said, a tablet w/ a console is probably an easier solution ;)