[Novalug] i7 motherboard with parallel printer ports

John Franklin franklin@elfie.org
Fri Mar 23 18:43:51 EDT 2012

Most motherboards have the old-style serial and parallel ports available as pin headers.  If you can get a high-res image of the board (like the zoomable one on NewEgg) look for some pins marked LPT1 or JLPT1 for parallel and COM1 or JCOM1 for serial.  You'll also need to buy a bracket with the parallel port and ribbon cable.  You can usually find them for under $10.

jf

[1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812196220