[Novalug] SysLogging should be easy right?

daniel daniel@yacg.com
Fri Mar 23 12:25:20 EDT 2012

The concept is pretty straight forward.  You set up the process and the
firewalls (if any) and the next thing you know, there are logs coming in
from external devices to the server you set up right?

Well, obviously not easy.  Worse, I'm not finding any useful howto
guides.  Anyone know of any?

Platform is CentOS 6.x.  All I want to do is catch incoming log messages
from a device on the network 192.168.26.10.  Not totally concerned about
security though a little of that would be nice.  The device doesn't know
how to do encryption though.

Anyone know of a good how-to or could offer one?