[Novalug] Software-based load balancing

Brander Snaxe brandon20va@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 18:30:25 EDT 2012

Also, the one advantage to this paid tool seems to be that it integrates SSL offloading somehow. I don't believe that's in the default HAproxy package.

----- Original Message -----
From: Brander Snaxe <brandon20va@yahoo.com>
To: "jecottrell3@comcast.net" <jecottrell3@comcast.net>
Cc: "novalug@calypso.tux.org" <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Novalug] Software-based load balancing

I want to pay for it if it saves me time and is easy to manage. I'm sure I can do it on my own, but my time is also a cost to my company. Also, I get support. Again support time is a cost savings. I have teams offshore as well and it may be easier to have them use the paid version and use the web GUI for simple deployment.

This is DEV. Lots of 'jacks of all trades, masters of none' in the infrastructure side. I need to be swift and need to KISS.

Now, if this were PROD, I'd dedicate somebody to it.