[Novalug] NSF Timeout

Dan Lavu dan@lavu.net
Mon Mar 12 00:01:23 EDT 2012

No, I don't think it has a timeout setting but you can mount it as _netdev
instead of nfs in /etc/fstab which makes it known that it's a network drive,
give that a whirl.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org
[mailto:novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org] On Behalf Of Dan Arico
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:50 PM
To: Novalug
Subject: [Novalug] NSF Timeout

I've got something odd here. I'm running OpenSuse 12.1 on my workstation. I
have a server with several directories that I use on a regular basis so I'm
using NSF to access them. Before I went to 12.1, If the server wasn't
running, my workstation would just time out on the NFS mount and continue
without mounting the directories.

Now it sits and waits without completing the boot-up. There's a file in /etc
that appears to be the configuration for NFS mount, but everything in it is
commented out. Is that what I use to change the timeout or is there another
way to do it?

Dan Arico

--
One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them, One OS to bring them all, and
in the Darkness bind them, In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.