[Novalug] coding for testing

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Sun Mar 11 04:10:05 EDT 2012

i'm not picking on you jason, but you've made me think of some issues.

another thing is sometimes QA needs to see things that the customer won't
see.  a good example of this is setting a resource to use 5 CPU cores.
use the standard interface and set it to 5.  yay.  then use the standard
interface to verify that it's at 5.  yay.  they both agree.  now, how do
you verify that the system is actually using 5 cores?

black box is a very good testing tool to have in your toolbox of testing,
but it's not the end all.  another issue for blackbox is that the product
must have exhaustive or at least very adequate documentation.

that is all.

--
Mark Smith
mark@winksmith.com