[Novalug] Software-based load balancing

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:57:57 EST 2012

I'm out of your league here, but let me ask a n00b question. Would it
be possible to link a given presentation machine to a particular
business machine and get by with just one level of balance (at the
presentation level)?  Granted each request creates a different load
at the business and database levels so balance at the presentation
level does not strictly mean balance later on. But statistically it
may not matter, especially with a simpler system of one LB instead
of two.

This really seems like a fun project to model, assuming enough
real data exists to feed the model.   Fun enough that it's prolly
already been done.

Ed James