[Novalug] CentOS 6

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Mon Mar 5 18:44:14 EST 2012

On 03/05/2012 06:08 PM, James Ewing Cottrell 3rd wrote:
> On 2/13/2012 2:10 PM, The Doctor wrote:
>> So, what did you think of the installer for Scientific Linux v6.0?  I
>> tried it when that release first came out and had a devil of a time
>> getting anywhere with it.  v5.x was more reliable.
> Um...shouldn't that just be the same as the RHEL6 Anaconda, more or less?
>
> But to broaden the question...how do people like RHEL 6 as opposed to
> RHEL 5?
>
> So far...every place I have been is still using RHEL 5. It seems to be a
> pain to get many things running under 6.

So far, it hasn't been much of an issue. Getting time to get the
developers to actually test under RHEL6, and then time to switch over,
thats another task all together. But overall, I have had no issues with
RHELv6 as opposed to RHELv5.

We are about to cut a huge pile of stuff from Debian (really ancient) to
RHEL6 so I'll let you know how that goes, but my initial build out of
the environment was a snap.

Nick