[Novalug] PowerPC linux?

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Sun Mar 4 16:51:38 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 09:37:14AM -0600, Andrew Beals wrote:
> So, did the fellow who asked the question a couple of weeks ago end up
> executing yet?  If so, what did you end up installing?

i installed ubuntu and it works pretty well.  i didn't like the
differences in the gnome interface, but i think that's due to the
version i installed.  my problem wasn't with the OS per se, but
more with the ability to run 3rd party software.  i needed skype
for instance, but skype doesn't support me.  also, mozilla plugins
such shockwave/flash aren't supported properly. basically, anything
that requires software from a 3rd party isn't available.

--
Mark Smith
mark@winksmith.com