[Novalug] How to disassemble Female 8891 mloex connectors

steve zamory zemo@safe-mail.net
Thu Mar 1 00:06:30 EST 2012

The female pins are held in place using the same barb arrangement as
the male pins. If this is a once in a blue moon operation, you can
trip the barbs in turn with a needle between the pin and the nylon
housing. Use minimal tension on the wire so that you don't overwhelm
last barb and fold it back on itself. Also, after reassembly and
mating, make sure that none of the pins on either side have been
pushed out due to damaged barbs or incomplete insertion.

Alternatively, there are special tools, Molex pin extractors,
available for $5-$10 that make very quick work of extracting pins. The
simpler designs are simply a steel tube big enough to fit over the
pin, yet thin-walled enough to fit inside the hole in the nylon
housing. Fancy designs have a piston for pushing the pin out, rather
than leaving you to pull on, and possibly disconnect, the wire. Make
sure you get the correct size and gender.