[Novalug] August Instalfest? Re: Fwd: Re: meetings

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Wed Jul 25 21:02:22 EDT 2012

one of the things i just discovered in upgrading the guts of my tower was
that i did not have to reinstall linux mint on the sata drive to use it
in another system.

the tower (aka "red dragon") went to the computer store to have a gut
transplant because I had not gotten around to doing it myself.

the new guts are an amd phenom II quadcore processor in an asus
motherboard with 8 gb of memory.

however i have to get a new cable or adapter for my printer to hook up
as it no longer has the large type serial connector.kck

i took the main sata drive out of it before hauling it off and put that
drive in a dell desktop optiplex which i also had. i did install mint on a
partition after the drive swap. however when the tower came home today i
just put the drive that had been in the dell into the tower and it has
booted and is running without any problems.

try that with windoze

my only problems are that i now only have one ide bus so i have a surplus
of ide drives. i am going to keep at least one of them to use as backup
storage with one of those usb to ide gadgets that i have, but i do not
think i need three of them.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com