[Novalug] Installfest, who wants one?

Peter Larsen plarsen@famlarsen.homelinux.com
Wed Jul 18 09:24:56 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 07:03 -0400, greg pryzby wrote:
> BEFORE I schedule an installfest, I need to know:
>
>    Who needs/wants help installing/configuring Linux?

As I just explained in another email, if install fest just means
"putting Linux on my brick" I'm not so sure about the idea. If it's
beyond that I would love to be part of a "party".

> I have no issue running an installfest, I don't know how useful it
> would be though.
>
> If we did, I expect we could 'share the mic' during the meeting. Since
> installing takes some time, others could share their desktop, tools,
> etc and 'show off' something.

Love the idea! How about time? Should it still be 2 hours or would it be
possible to go beyond that?

--
Best Regards
  Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
 abuse me.  I'm so lame I sent a bug report to debian-devel-changes
	-- Seen on #Debian