[Novalug] UPS/Generators

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Mon Jul 16 21:28:58 EDT 2012

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012, Jay Hart wrote:

> Bonnie,
>
> How much did the panels and installation run?

the total cost was 65,000. But with the various rebates and tax credits
and the credit from Maryland of $5000 against our property tax the cash
out put was $27,000. The reduction in our power bill from last year has
been that we went from $300 a month to $35 a month. On top of it BGE pays
us one SREC (Solar Renewable Energy Credit) per kilowatt per year.
Currently the SRECs are $200 per kilowatt.

We figure the pay down to zero is 6 years between the SRECs and the
savings on power and they are 25 year warrenteed panels.

The return on investment is roughly 18% per year.

This is not an off grid viable system yet. We still need to add a
generator, an auto switch over to the generator and a ups system so we
have power when the grid is down.