[Novalug] UPS/Generators

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:56:13 EDT 2012

Garden hose works for a dire emergency, but a length of clear
plastic tubing is better so you can see how close the gasoline
is to your mouth.  A mouthful won't kill ya, but trust me on
this, it really does not taste good.  You can buy siphons with
built-in squeeze-pumps at most auto parts stores too.

BTW - sometimes old gas is too cwappy to start a mower,
but okay to run it.  In that case, I hit the mower air filter
with a short blast of starter fluid (diethyl ether) and pull
the cord.  Trick also seems to work when the plugs are
wet with gas.  YMMV, of course.

Ed James