[Novalug] UPS/Generators

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Sun Jul 15 22:26:02 EDT 2012

If you have natural gas, I would go that route.  There are strict codes you
need to follow so you don't end up like those 3 dummies in DC last week that
ran a gas powered generator in their basement.  Unfortunately they didn't die
so they don't qualify for a Darwin.

Gas is too volatile, IMO, to store a large quality.

Diesel ok, but you need to store it.

Propane is a better storage medium, but you need many tanks.

NG service is good if you have service. But could be susceptible to line
damage (earthquakes).

Jay