[Novalug] 14 July Meeting-- Intro to Chef

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Tue Jul 10 14:33:20 EDT 2012

On 7/9/2012 8:51 AM, greg pryzby wrote:
> TOPIC: Introduction to Chef
> SPEAKER: Mandi Walls
> DATE: 14 July 2012
> TIME: 10 a.m.
> LOCATION: Palantir 1660 International Drive, 8th floor, McLean, VA

This intro will give the audience a brief introduction
> to what Chef is, it's place in an operations workflow, and some common
> uses of Chef primitives.

Did Mandi used to have a different name, perhaps a maiden one? Or am I
confusing her with someone else?

It would be nice to hear why one would want to use Chef vs Puppet, or
why not.

JIM

P.S. Hey...you've heard of Iron Python, right?
Now if they put out their own version of Chef....