[Novalug] Favorite cloud host?

Clif Flynt CLIF@CFLYNT.COM
Sat Jan 28 09:09:54 EST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 08:54:43AM -0500, rich.goodwin@cox.net wrote:
> What is your favorite cloud host?  What is your average cost per month??

I use rackspace and linnode for different tasks.

I find that the rackspace machines are more responsive and seem
to have better connectivity.

The caveat here is that I have the rackspace machines all to myself,
and share the linnodes with a couple other folks.  OTOH, the rackspace
machines are running Oracle and big apps, while the linnodes are
mostly web servers for light-weight apps.

I've had good luck with the rackspace management GUI and online chat
with the tech reps has been productive.

Never had to use these features on the linnodes.

For multiple servers in a cloud, I'd probably go rackspace.  For a
single lightweight server, I like linnodes.

Clif

--
... Clif Flynt ... http://www.cwflynt.com ... clif@cflynt.com ...
.. Tcl/Tk: A Developer's Guide (3'd edition) - Morgan Kauffman ..