[Novalug] [OT] Re: Google Total Opt-Out

sean@mcgowanet.com sean@mcgowanet.com
Thu Jan 26 17:41:38 EST 2012

I agree.  If you are going to use a "free" service, don't be surprised that you are the product.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org>
Sender: novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:23:28
To: John Franklin<franklin@elfie.org>
Cc: Novalug list<novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Subject: [Novalug] [OT] Re:  Google Total Opt-Out

I am trying to understand the fuss-- really, hear me out.

Did ANYONE really believe that Google (or any company) wasn't
correlating data about your accounts? While I don't notice the ADs on
Gmail, I know they are there. How do you think they got there? Reading
my email for matches. Same when I search so they can 'offer
suggestions'. Same with my Amazon account.

What is right, is a different story.

But I am at a loss as to what was announced and why people are shocked.

Maybe there is a clause or something I missed.

Please let me know.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/
TWTR: gpryzby