[Novalug] Time to replace printer with all-in-one. Why do you like yours?

Miles D. Oliver miles.d.oliver@gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 08:51:06 EST 2012

I am in the search for a new printer and want to replace it with an
all-in-one to be able to get a multipage scanner and printer back in my
office.

The DeskJet 1220C has been good to me and I got rid of my old HP flatbed
scanner, parts of it became a project for someone on the list.

We have a canon mx-310 now that is in my wife's office but I also want
something for my office at the house that is Linux friendly.  We are
working to reduce the 'paper blob' and being able to do dual duty scanning
of PDFs for a while will be helpful.  Also sharing this mx-310 connected to
her Win 7 box isn't what I want to try to do.  She is using 'Neat' document
software that I can import PDFs that I scan as well and she seems happy
with the results of the product now that they have a decent version of it.

What do you like about your printer/scanner and why?

I trust that I will get real world experiences with the devices using Linux
here.

The old DeskJet was OK but I want something better.

If I can get a new one before the next meeting the 1220C may be dropped off
for someone to use or part out for another project.

Thanks.