[Novalug] January Meeting-- Go or No GO (VOTE !)

W Alan Day dayalan@nova.org
Sun Jan 8 21:28:55 EST 2012

If you hold it, I will come.

I have put kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot up on a thumbdrive that boots on
my old IBM T42 and macBook.  When I reloaded it, had trouble getting the
broadcom wireless driver to load -- something about it being blacklisted
-- used muon to install a driver that works.

If someone can explain the blacklist of a device driver, it might be a
worthwhile talk.

     Alan

--
W. Alan Day<dayalan@nova.org>       703-860-0181 (H)
"Day Hikes in the Metro Area (no pun intended)"