[Novalug] OT landline phone service, carriers other than Verizon?

Miles D. Oliver miles.d.oliver@gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:15:36 EST 2012

All this is good stuff.   I'm still searching for alternatives and the more
I understand the better off I'll be in knowing what options I have.

If I understand what I am seeing right on the electrical poles down the
Cedar Creek Grade (the main road off my subdivision) the nearest anything
on the poles that looks like a cable connection is more than 6 miles up the
road from me.  I'm more than 13K feet from the telephone CO so there will
be NO alternatives to my WISP, DirecTV, and copper for the phone line for
the forseeable future.

I'm gathering vendors and trying to get the time to investigate. We'd love
a more cost effective solution

I do appreciate all the input.  We love living far out but it has its
disadvantages like the limited communications options.