[Novalug] OT landline phone service, carriers other than Verizon?

Omniplex omniplex@omniplex.net
Mon Jan 2 16:59:07 EST 2012

Not sure about the lack of tone and being able to use 911. We have no tone and 911 doesn't work, just tried it. Usually with no tone you have no power and possibly dead pairs.

As for alarm, most alarm companies offer cell backup and you can use it as the primary. We also have an armband for my wife's grandmother who lives with us (dementia) that when activated I will get called and can declare an emergency. If I don't respond WMD and the police will be dispatched.

You can also get a low cost landline for emergencies from Verizon that basically has 911 and local only service.

Sent from my iPhone