[Novalug] moving to libre office from open office

jecottrell3@comcast.net jecottrell3@comcast.net
Fri Feb 24 18:14:33 EST 2012

Gnumeric is not a part of Open Office.

But this begs another question...is LibreOffice a fork of OpenOffice or a rewrite?

And what about koffice?

JIM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bonnie Dalzell" <bdalzell@qis.net>
To: "NOVALUG" <novalug@calypso.tux.org>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 5:46:16 PM
Subject: [Novalug] moving to libre office  from open office

Has anyone here moved to Libre Office after using Open Office. It
appears to me that both cannot be installed at the same time. When I
started using Open Office Spreadsheet I found that it does not
seem to import native Gnumeric spreadsheets  and I had to convert my
gnumeric spreadsheets into .csv files.

I went through this with some of my records when I moved from my Amiga to
Linux also except that my desktop publishing program PageStream has
a Linux version.

So one question is this - does anyone know if Libre Office can open or
convert an Open Office spreadsheet.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping adddress:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com