[Novalug] Anybody interested in 3D printers?

Jason Kohles jkohles@palantir.com
Thu Feb 23 10:55:59 EST 2012

Several people have asked me about 3D printers in the last few months, but I
have a lousy memory and don't remember who it was that asked, so I'll just
throw it out there to everyone..

NoVARRG (Northern Virginia RepRap Group) is doing another group build.  If
you are interested in 3D printing this is a great way to get into it,
because there will be plenty of experienced people helping everybody out,
and because buying parts for a whole bunch of them at a time drives the
price way down.  The printer we are going to be building is a beefed-up
version of the RepRap Prusa Mendel (http://www.reprap.org/wiki/Prusa).  We
don't have an exact price yet (we're still looking for really good prices on
a handful of components) but it's very likely to be right around $350.

Most of the building will be done at Nova Labs..

If you are interested (or think you might be interested) please let me know
within the next couple of days.  We're planning to start buying parts this
weekend, so we need to know how many people to plan for..

--
Jason Kohles
Palantir Technologies | UNIX Systems Engineer