[Novalug] dead power supply?

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 07:36:41 EST 2012

Greg,

   Being in the "more time than money" category as well as being
environmentally concious (without being a PITA about it), I've made
good use of the local freecycle group for locating giveaway equipment.
It's a hit-and-miss deal, depends heavily on timing and luck, but it
does work.  Most of my boxen were given away when people upgraded
for the newest <other brand> OS, but run just fine and dandy with
Linux.  Some people needed better graphics for games and stuff, of
course.  I've also done the "mix and match" thing to combine parts
from different machines into one better box, as well as collect
spare parts.

The main addy is http://www.freecycle.org/, and from there one can
locate a local group.  Not saying there IS one near you, but it's
well worth a shot.  It's also been a great way to recycle generations
of things I've inherited via my family estates over the year.  Nothing
major, just stuff I'd rather see used and appreciated instead of
sent to a dump.

Ed James