[Novalug] centos 6.3 floppy mount problem

Alan Grimes agrimes@speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 21 23:27:16 EST 2012

jecottrell3@comcast.net wrote:

> Death to Floppies! Death to Modems! Death to Serial Ports! Death to Parallel Ports! Death to Tape!

=(

I need more serial ports.

The way my motherboard is, I had to sacrifice a **SLOT** to get access
to my serial port header. (no punch-out on the case either).

That really sucks.

Two serial ports are basically the minimal possible survival level.

Four ports would get you maybe half way to the law of diminishing returns.

Better yet, more advanced serial protocols such as RS485 and RS422 so
you can drive a whole home automation network and stuff. =)

I mean USB is fine and all but I don't understand it well enough to
really use it and I don't see how it can hold a candle next to a
technology where you can do anything you can imagine with little more
than a soldering iron, some discreet logic, and a big old DIP UART chip. =)

--
E T F
N H E

Powers are not rights.