[Novalug] centos 6.3 floppy mount problem

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Wed Dec 19 15:13:04 EST 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012, Rich Goodwin wrote:

> That is unnecessarily rude.
>
> Laughing at someone who may have important files on a floppy ... say
> family pictures from the late 1990's and they want to transfer them to a
> more current environment - say a flash drive.  Flat out rude to mock
> them.
>
> When people ask questions, it would be really beneficial to them and
> the community to help answer what they are asking and, where
> appropriate, ensure they are using current tools that may position them
> to be successful in what they are doing now and in the future.
>
> The question reminds me of how many old floppies I have where I don't
> know what is on them now and should load them up and transfer the data.
> Jeez ... gonna have people laughing at me.  Oh well THEY are, in Jay
> Leno's Brainiac character ... IDIOTS!

what is really antique is that I still have a bunch of those big floppies
that my TRS80 used. I around 20 years ago I did track down a TRS80 with
both types of drives and got the stuff off them.

Probably should throw them out I guess. But it was a task

If anyone on this list has the newer type floppies (3 1/4) I still
have at least one computer that can read those disks and I can help get
stuff off the floppies.