[Novalug] Slightly OT: HP monitor prices

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Thu Aug 30 00:17:23 EDT 2012

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 00:03:52 -0400
cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:

> List,
>
> earlier I reported that my problem was solved: I had installed Ubuntu
> 12.04 but that it needed better hardware. The display problem is
> fixed by clicking on System => Preferences => Monitor, then selecting
> 1024 x 760, which comes in as the third. But stuff falls off the
> bottom of the screen.
>
> Before I tried tweaking anything i went to Staples to look at HP
> monitors. With one exception I've always been happy with an HP
> product, whatever I was buying. (The exception was an HP camera, and
> even there it might have been ok, but I have lost sight of it and
> have recently bought a Canon PowerShot A2200 with loots of features.)
>
> Getting back to the display, which seems to be very good except that
> stuff is truncated at the bottom. I might persuade myself to buy
> either an HP5203 for $140 (20 ") or an HP 2311 for $230 (23").
>
> My question is, Is the Staples price the best I can hope for?
>
> Charlie

Nope. I got my last monitor from Amazon for half that price. It's a
Hanns-G HH201 and I'm very pleased with it.

Dan

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.