[Novalug] cruz T301 tablet broken

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Thu Aug 16 19:33:31 EDT 2012

i've seen a bunch of video and other sources for doing it.  i'm sure i
can figure it out, but i wanted to get any personal feedback from you
guys on what worked, what didn't work, etc.  there are lots of sources
for information of varying degrees of effectiveness.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 07:19:16PM -0400, Daniel Hauck wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU-UVwS9trw
>
> How about this?
>
> On 08/16/2012 07:01 PM, Mark Smith wrote:
> > Okay, now i know why it was so cheap.  I got a Cruz T301 tablet.  It turns
> > out that web browsing doesn't work very well with javascript.  Uhm,
> > 21st century?  Opening a web page with javascript causes it to crash.
> > That is quite limiting as many sites have javascript.  In particular
> > google.com fails.  And getting new browsers from play.google.com also
> > fails.
> >
> > Ironically, the bug report from the Cruz blames google.com for writing
> > crappy software.  The work around?  turn off javascript or don't visit
> > web sites that run offending javascript.  Ha.
> >
> > http://cruzsupport.velocitymicro.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1074
> >
> > It's still an interesting little box that i can play with.  It's android,
> > but with Cruz sauce spread all over it.  I don't have a lot of experience
> > with android, but I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to put a more natural
> > flavor on it, install some better browsers, or even root the tablet.
> >
> > Anyone got any favorite pointers or experiences doing something like this?

Mark Smith
mark@winksmith.com
mark@tux.org