[Novalug] generators/UPS

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 12:23:08 EDT 2012

First,
I laughed at the great alias "escapedfrog" ( wireless).
Remember "Smokey and the Bandit" ??
Sally field kept hopping across the car seats as Burt
got a great tushy view... he called her Frog...
she didn't escape later though: he took off his hat !!

aside:
I found recently a number of younger friends have never
driven a V8 engine... Burt had a FireChicken...
whooopsss.. Firebird...  I had a competitors product
for a couple years..  beep beep... I mention this because
a friend is a proud new owner of a V6 with substantial HP.

Second,
There are numerous incidents regards music bands
and the microphone.... guys have been electrocuted.

Third,
You gotta have a solid sense of self when
"the old guys" or, other  "stupid guys"
chide you for being  tooooo careful with electricity.

Fourth,
There are a couple of stories I haven't told ...

<commentary>

All in all, electricians ... I'm not one... I'm a lowly
electrical engineer who had only a small mentoring in the
digital area, electricians and plumbers and welders often
get decent mentoring to get licensed.

Most programmers and sys admins do not get montoring.
We need a return to a more formalized mentoring system.
Otherwise the billions of lines of crap code
( or config files ) go into  the trillions.

And as the legacy crap expands like our landfills,
systems crumble like the highways and bridges,
and become expensive and even untenable to even attempt to fix.
An albatross around industry.

W.....

Re: [Novalug] generators/UPS
Saturday, August 4, 2012 9:45 PM
From:
"James Ewing Cottrell 3rd" <JECottrell3@Comcast.NET>
To:
novalug@calypso.tux.org
I'll go you one better....Guitar Amps. Oh sure...they had that Polarization switch...and sometimes the right way was Whichever Buzzed Least.

--
There's a shortage of programming languages for all the immigrants
that entered the U.S. this morning.