[Novalug] generators/UPS

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Sat Aug 4 13:29:04 EDT 2012

Whatever happened to the American
"CAN DO" spirit !!  I remember non-polarized plugs
( 2 prong )....   OK, there were TV sets with hot chassis..
(yeah, I had my hands inside those)  and my dad had 2 metal
case hand drills  ...  predict what I have to say next ?

Non-polarized plugs... one side tied to the drill case..
Of course I didn't know any better at 16... and neither
did anyone else...  You picked up the drill and drilled
a hole.  If you got a buzz,  you turned the plug around.
You can probably find these at flea markets in good
working order...

Lighting and socket  wires were checked by wetting your
fingers and  touching the live wires..  I've seens lots of
non-electricians in the "CAN DO" American spirit...
something which is lacking from most companies these days...
Let's get American competitiveness back again !!

I can tell you that getting knocked on your ass from 120V
( from several different devices )
is a different sensation that getting across the High
Voltage wire on a TV CRT.  And even thats a wee bit different
than 3KV from a laboratory power supply.

Anyone wanna hire a guy with a CAN DO attitude ??
You should see lab mates run for cover when I
hold a wire or any other such item ...

(there is humor in the above statements.. )

I do NOT recommend or suggest that anyone try those
unsafe methods however.  I would suggest that if any
do-it-yourselfer plug previously mentioned cables
in those various ways, that you invite friends and
have several video's made for a you-tube success..
that you won't get to see yourself...

Now, gotta get back to my welding with LED's plugged
in the mains..

Walt.....

------

From:
"How7" <how0909@freeshell.org>
To:
novalug@calypso.tux.org
On 8/4/2012 9:29 AM, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> I was genuinely afraid that somebody would try to do this.
We have found the enema and it is us!

--
There's a shortage of programming languages for all the immigrants
that entered the U.S. this morning.