[Novalug] Hiring: IT Systems Engineer - Columbia, MD

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:51:27 EDT 2012

I've long believed that the software world is "something else,
something different, something new, something...:" - it's neither
a science nor an art, not architecture, not engineering, and yet,
it exhibits features of all those areas and more.  But the only
time trying to classify it is hard is when I try to explain what I do/did
to people outside the software world.  I've gotten to the point where
I just say "computer programmer" and move on.  And oddly enough,
most non-IT people are perfectly happy with such an answer.

"You can't think outside the box if you don't know you are IN a box".
Actually, you can, but you'll bump into the walls a lot more often.

Ed James