[Novalug] Hiring: IT Systems Engineer - Columbia, MD

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 05:08:38 EDT 2012

Daniel,

   Interesting concept - a systems engineer seems to be part of
the evolution to where IT systems are treated almost like a life-
form, in that the whole is much more than just the sum of its
parts.  And it's about bloody time, IMHO.

   One of my degrees is in Zoology, and that's affected my thinking
about software development and maintenance bigtime for many
years.  Oddly enough, IT HR people tend to see little value in life
sciences.  Oddly enough, I tend to see little value in HR people. :P

   FWIW, I did check out VRL's website and found it really annoying.
However, the work there DID seem interesting, much like some of
the work done by that three-letter agency "up the road" a bit from me,
but on a much smaller scale, of course.

Ed James