[Novalug] using ddclient to update dyndns

Jay Hart jhart@kevla.org
Sun Apr 22 21:38:04 EDT 2012

I'm getting ready to place my new firewall and server on line.  My router will
replace the verizon FIOS router.  Right now the FIOS router has the settings
for dyndns to update the dynamic address pointing to kevla.org.  I need
ddclient to take over this duty, and I need it to work right the first time,
else [incoming] email will not work.

I have "paid" dyndns service.

ddclient needs to get the ip address from the external interface and provide
this to dyndns.

Is anyone using ddclient in this manner?  Do you have a ddclient conf file you
could share?

TIA,

Jay