[Novalug] Network printing question??

G. Mickle gsmickle@yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 14:32:16 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm doing work for a client. They are a Windows XP shop. I have setup a Samba server for them on a Linux box.

Their is a large network printer, which works great and Linux connects to it without any trouble. They also have an HP laser and a Dell laser printers that are attached to a Windows XP computer.

We were going to buy a usb/network printer server for each printer.

My question. Instead of that, can't I just attach the two printers onto the Linux server and elimnate the need for the network printer servers?? I think this would work. Will it work?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Greg Mickle