[Novalug] Hosed Ubuntu 11.10 upgrade..

James Ewing Cottrell 3rd JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Sat Oct 29 02:10:36 EDT 2011

  On 10/22/2011 9:12 AM, Igor Birman wrote:
> Thanks for the replies, not sure if everyone understood what I was
> looking for, but here are the commands I typed to get myself back online:
>
> sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.204
> sudo ifconfig eth0 netmask 255.255.255.0
These commands are usually combined. Also note that the netmask matches
the default, so only the first is necessary. Finally, the Cisco notation
can be used, so that "sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.204/24" is all you need.
> sudo route add default gw 192.168.0.1
> [edit /etc/resolv.conf], add "nameserver 192.168.0.1"

All that establishes the IP/NM/GW right NOW, but presumable there is a
config file somewhere that will configure it for subsequent boots. I
know where the RedHat files are, but forget where Debian/Ubuntu keep it.

JIM