[Novalug] Thanks and November

Mark A. Metz mametz@aol.com
Wed Oct 19 20:44:10 EDT 2011

I am one of those people who needs to speak up, too.  I think Peter had
me in mind when he brought up the subject of novice users in the first
place.

I like the idea of topics for different audiences at each meeting.  I
also like the idea of being more proactive in my learning and sharing
with the community.  If Greg and the rest of the group is amenable, I
suggest we newbie-types learn by preparing to teach.  It's often the
best way to learn.

How about we generate some "beginner/intermediate" topics, newer users
take the lead, enlist the aid of more knowledgeable users and other
resources, and put together presentations on the topics?  It could
almost be like a micro-apprenticeship come community in practice.

My laptop is in the shop (I'm supporting my local Mom & Pop.), but I'm
happy to be a Guinea pig when it's ready (they tell me 2-3 weeks to
replace the mobo).

Mark