[Novalug] Phones

Igor Birman igor_birman@yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 21:43:57 EDT 2011

iPhone - 1 button
Droid 3 - 4 buttons, 2 cores, 1 HD camera, removable battery, removable 16GB SD card, Talking GPS, etc.

For my mom, definitely iPhone.  For me, definitely Android.

Igor

________________________________
From: greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org>
To: Dan Arico <dan_arico@aricosystems.com>
Cc: novalug@calypso.tux.org
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2011 9:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Novalug] Phones

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Dan Arico <dan_arico@aricosystems.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 09, 2011 09:03:55 PM Daniel Hauck wrote:
>> Do you even need to ask?
>>
>> Android... rooted.
>
> OK. Tell me the advantages. I'm serious. I'm just starting to look into this.

1) Do you have a Mac? If so, iPhone if you want a phone is a phone AND
good mobile device that works w/o fuss.

2) If you don't have a Mac (or Windows) Android.

I have both. The android is... different. I love the iPhone because it
does what it needs to and as you expect. It is solid. It is a consumer
device.

The android is much more geeky in a non-consumer way. It works but I
find quirks and it isn'[t quite right (in my opinion). You also need
to check out the device and how that works since Android hardware is
different.

Again, all the Android points can be positive or negative.

I will mess w/ my computer and can suffer with inconveniences. A phone
should be a device that works all the time and is rock solid-- like
electricity or dial tone.

JUST my opinion/.
--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

WEB:  http://www.RestonArtisTree.com/
TWTR: gpryzby