[Novalug] Red Hat /Fedora distribution from thumb drive

Peter Larsen plarsen@famlarsen.homelinux.com
Fri Nov 18 08:29:40 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 11:10 -0500, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> There's a utility called Unetbootin, that will provision a LiveUSB disk:
>
> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

I'm sorry for the late reply. Putting an existing live ISO onto a usb
stick is very easy. "livecd-iso-to-disk" will create a USB image which
is even writable and updatable, encrypted home and all kinds of cool
stuff.

To get started, there is a utility called "livecd-creator". I admit, I
have _no_ clue where/if this package is on Ubuntu - it's what I use on
Fedora/RH/Centos etc.

All it takes is a kickstart. Combine it's result with "liveusb-creator"
and you can create your writable USB install.

--
Best Regards
  Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
/*
 *     Please skip to the bottom of this file if you ate lunch recently
 *                             -- Alan
 */
	-- from Linux kernel pre-2.1.91-1