[Novalug] music devises

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Tue May 17 16:56:22 EDT 2011

I have an iphone.

it has music on it from when it was my husband's iphone.

i would like to add more music to it.

so far i have managed to be able to mount it under Ubuntu Maverick when it
is plugged into a USB port and copy my pictures off of it.

I can open Rythmbox and Rythmbox recognizes it.

However my attempt to copy some tracks from some commercial CDs I own have
been miserable failures.

Todays accomplishment was basically to wipe all the music off the
iphone when I tried to sync it with Rythmbox.

It did transfer some worthless wav files I had in my Linux Music folder
onto the Iphone while doing this but the Iphone will not accept the files
I have in my Music folder that Rythmbox accepts because they are .ogg or
.flac files. On the other hand when I converted them to m4p and mp3 files
using fmmmpeg Rythmbox no longer will put them into appropriate folders.

This is not irredemable because my husband can take it to the MAC and
resync it but I find oityus

I realize I have a LOT to learn about putting music on a personal device.
Darn.

If anyone has experiences with Linux and the Iphone and patience to
correspond about it - or knows a good online tutorial - let me
know.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd PO Box 60, Hydes,MD,USA 21082-0060|EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com