[Novalug] USENIX HotCloud '11 Program Now Available

Lionel Garth Jones lgj@usenix.org
Mon May 16 17:01:15 EDT 2011

We'd like to invite you to attend the 3rd USENIX Workshop on Hot
Topics in Cloud Computing (HotCloud '11), taking place in Portland,
OR, June 14-15, 2011.

HotCloud '11 will discuss challenges in the cloud computing paradigm,
including the design, implementation, and deployment of virtualized
clouds.

The program includes:

-- Refereed paper sessions on scheduling and resource management, economics,
security, OSes and frameworks, and more

-- Joint ATC, WebApps, and HotCloud Keynote Address: "An Agenda for
Empirical Cyber Crime Research," by Stefan Savage, UCSD

-- Joint ATC, WebApps, and HotCloud Invited Talk: "Helping Humanity
with Phones and Clouds" by Matthew Faulkner and Michael Olson,
Caltech

-- Panel

-- Poster Session: This session provides an opportunity to present
early-stage work and receive feedback from the community. Posters
provide a great way to have more in-depth conversations between
authors and audience--so much so that we are automatically granting
each accepted paper a poster slot. We welcome submissions from those
who are not paper authors also. The submission deadline is Monday,
May 30, 2011, at 3:00 p.m. PDT. Find out more at:
http://www.usenix.org/events/hotcloud11/poster.html

The full program can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/hotcloud11/proga

Don't miss this opportunity to engage in dynamic discussion on
key topics in the cloud computing community. Register today at
http://www.usenix.org/events/fcw11/registration/

HotCloud '11 is part of 2011 USENIX Federated Conferences Week,
which will take place June 14-17, 2011, in Portland, OR.
http://www.usenix.org/fcw11/

We look forward to seeing you in Portland!

Ion Stoica, University of California, Berkeley
John Wilkes, Google
HotCloud '11 Program Co-Chairs
hotcloud11chairs@usenix.org

Early Bird Registration Deadline: Monday, May 23, 2011
http://www.usenix.org/hotcloud11/proga