[Novalug] CentOS Dead?

Matt Ryanczak ryanczak@gmail.com
Tue May 10 18:28:00 EDT 2011

On 05/10/2011 06:06 PM, Nick Danger wrote:
> So does someone have some real dirt? Is CentOS dead or is this just some
> unhappy bitching person that ends the article with "I run debain so
> nanny nanny poo poo on your RPMs". (paraphrased of course, I have never
> actually seen anyone write 'nanny nanny poo poo')

Well there was the open letter to Lance Davis stuff a couple of years
ago: http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-July/079767.html

imho CentOS has not been the same since all of that happened. Not that
the outcome of all of that was bad but I think the project lost momentum
and some credibility.

I've played with Scientific Linux and it looks good. I think it will
make a good replacement for CentOS if it comes to that. I'm in a Debian
shop these days but that does not stop me from wanting a viable RHEL
clone (that is not Oracle, sorry Larry).