[Novalug] cheap online file server with backup?

Miguel González Castaños miguel_3_gonzalez@yahoo.es
Tue Mar 29 19:25:01 EDT 2011

Dear all,

   I'm looking for an alternative to those S3 Amazon storage servers. I
don't think they are that cheap.

   I found these ones:

http://fdcanada.ca/en/online-storage/

http://www.vpn1euro.com/products/4-TB-Storage-Server.html

   The idea would be to have at least 1 Tb of space, unlimited bandwidth
and easy set up. The ideal would be a low-end server with much space in
hard disks. Transfers could be through FTP or SFTP (better). It should
have a backup provided by the company.

   The idea is to offer a backup repository for SMB, so keeping a local
file server backup and sync'ed with an online server.

   Any ideas?

   Miguel