[Novalug] grub2

Miguel González Castaños miguel_3_gonzalez@yahoo.es
Tue Mar 29 13:18:09 EDT 2011

Hi,

   I have bought a SATA to IDE adapter so now I can plug my SATA drive
in an IDE socket in my motherboard without using a PCI card for that.
I'm using Ubuntu Server 10.4.

   However now I can't boot the HD, grub can't find the bootable
partition. The weird thing is that they look the same (sda partitions
when I boot with the Ubuntu live cd)

   I've been googling and grub2 is really a mess. It's not easy to
figure out which file I have to edit to tell grub to boot from sda2.

   Another alternative could be to reinstall without changing the
current installation. Is that possible?

   Thanks

   Miguel