[Novalug] WIOV '11 Call for Papers Submission Deadline Approaching

Lionel Garth Jones lgj@usenix.org
Fri Mar 11 18:22:37 EST 2011

We are writing to remind you that the submission deadline for the 3rd
Workshop on I/O Virtualization (WIOV '11) is quickly approaching. Please
submit all work by Monday, March 21, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PST.

http://www.usenix.org/wiov11/cfpb/

While I/O systems have a long history of using abstraction to shield
applications from the intricacies of devices and storage systems, this
workshop's focus is on the interplay of I/O with virtualization and
cloud technologies. Our goal is to provide a forum to discuss the impact
and challenges of I/O virtualization along multiple dimensions,
including: the application domains in which virtualized solutions are
used and the subsystems involved; platform or hardware support for I/O
virtualization; the virtual machine monitor; the guest operating system;
the processor, GPU, memory, and I/O subsystems. Also of interest are
higher-level virtualization solutions, such as those concerning API
virtualization, new virtual I/O APIs like those used for cloud storage,
and innovative approaches to device virtualization in cloud computing
and in the mobile domain.

The committee also encourages the submission of short papers to update
WIOV 11 attendees on new efforts or approaches. Please label such
submissions accordingly.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* Hardware support for I/O virtualization
* Novel I/O device architectures for virtualization
* New software approaches to I/O virtualization
* Hardware and software methods for I/O device emulation
* Para-virtualized I/O device driver design for virtualization
* Virtual machine monitors' support for I/O
* Security and trust considerations for virtualized I/O, including
hardware support
* Energy-efficient I/O virtualization
* Virtualized I/O in the cloud: API virtualization, challenges of
large-scale I/O (performance, availability)
* Virtualization mechanisms for datacenter networking
* I/O monitoring and black box methods or system support for such functions

Paper submissions are due Monday, March 21, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Submissions guidelines and more information can be a found at
http://www.usenix.org/wiov11/cfpb/

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

On behalf of the WIOV '11 Program Committee,

Sanjay Kumar, Intel Labs
Himanshu Raj, Microsoft Research
Karsten Schwan, Georgia Institute of Technology
WIOV '11 Program Co-Chairs
wiov11chairs@usenix.org

WIOV '11 Call for Papers
3rd Workshop on I/O Virtualization (WIOV '11)
June 14, 2011, Portland, OR
Part of the 2011 USENIX Federated Conferences Week, June 12-17, 2011
http://www.usenix.org/wiov11/cfpb/
Submission deadline: March 21, 2011, 11:59 p.m. PST