[Novalug] decent flowgen utility?

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Tue Jun 21 17:55:09 EDT 2011

never heard of it before, but it's probably the coolest thing i'm gonna
hear today.

it generates flows directly onto the network stack for a NIC.  it's useful
for 1Gb interfaces if i can capture it and replay it later on.  if i
can get it to run many flows at 1Gb i can merge 10 of them for a 10Gb
interface i suppose.

i'd love to play with it for a while on my bosses dime.  my ubunutu
instance comes with the pktgen module, so that makes it useful right
out of the gate.

thanks for the heads up.

--
Mark Smith