[Novalug] One window not four

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Fri Jul 22 14:42:06 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 02:27:23PM -0400, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:
>
> > List,
> >
> > Suddenly, without me doing anything that I can think of, I have lost three
> > windows. Only one shows up in the lower right corner. Can anyone suggest
> > what happened? What to do about it
> >
> > FWIW, just as I noticed it, I noticed the update manager telling me I
> > could update. But now I don't see it. (I restarted.)
> >

> put your mouse over the small space in the panel where the "window" images
> are displayed. push the right mouse button.
>
> choose preferences. if your mini windows/screens are displayed side by
> side use the up arrow in the columns gadget to increase the numbers. if
> your mini widows/screens are displayed in a column choose the rows gadget.
> increase the number of to the number of screens you want.

That's what I also thought was the solution.  But I just checked my
Fedora 14 system and there is nothing in the preferences panel for
the number of screens.  There is a choice of how the number of screens
is to be displayed, in one row, two rows, etc.

On my system, using compiz, I suspect it is part of the desktop cube
parameters.  I don't see it now, but obviously I did sometime in the
past because my "cube" has six sides (aka screens or desktops).

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing