[Novalug] SElinux, my foe

Kevin Cole dc.loco@gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 12:28:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:09, David A. Cafaro <dac@cafaro.net> wrote:
> Do you want the quick fix?  Or the right fix? :-)

I'm hoping for a fix that doesn't involve moving a lot of files
around, and doesn't involve just turning off SElinux. I leave it to
wiser minds to determine if that's "right" or not. ;-)

> After it's been running for a while then go run "audit2allow -a".  This
> will show you what you could do to fix the problems (well what most
> likely will fix it).  You could also run audit2why to get some more details.

This falls into the "documentation of commands that don't exist"
category I mentioned. ;-)  I saw references to audit2allow and at
least one other audit command which don't appear to be on my system.

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)

$ rpm -qa | grep selinux
libselinux-utils-2.0.94-5.el6.x86_64
libselinux-devel-2.0.94-5.el6.x86_64
selinux-policy-3.7.19-93.el6.noarch
selinux-policy-targeted-3.7.19-93.el6.noarch
libselinux-2.0.94-5.el6.x86_64