[Novalug] Audio CD Ripping

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Sat Jul 9 11:19:11 EDT 2011

Due to a rather tragic mishap, I have screwed up my audio library. Then
last night going through the CDs I realized I am missing more then I
thought. So I have decided to rerip my library (200+ cds) Not all at
once of course, but sort of a several week when sitting in front of the
tv or whatever project.

The audio ripping is fairly straight forward, just going to use Grip and
rip into ogg 320. (Im old, my ears don't work that great, I dont care to
waste the space for flac or acc or whatever - besides most of it is 80s
punk and who can tell?)

The place where I hit a snag, and the largest block of missing music, is
I have a few disks that are just one track, one very long live
recording. I know there are some album tools to do that, I've used in
the past but before I just start using tools from 4+ years ago, I
figured I'd ask the collective experience here, is there anything 'newer
faster better'? Think more like album ripping then CD ripping since it
is one big track and not lots of individual tracks.

Thanks for the comments. I share my music with my wifes mac + her iPod
so it should be compatible across all platforms, maybe I shouldn't use ogg?

Nick